About Washington Rural Health Collaborative
Collaboration is defined as a dynamic interaction involving teamwork, forming alliances and building relationships through cooperation. At WRHC, we live collaboration daily, looking for ways to connect our 15 Critical Access Hospital members and work collectively to achieve more than any one individual.
Since inception in 2003, the Collaborative’s focus hash helped members to be wise stewards of the resources they receive as public entities. Member commitment to the Collaborative’s activities and initiatives is demonstrated by an increase in active participation and growth in member ROI. In comparison to 2016, member direct savings increased by more than $200,000, with an average ROI per dollar invested of $8.21. Since tracking direct member savings began in 2014, The Collaborative has saved members an estimated $6.4 million dollars.
As we continue to build WRHC, interdependence among members will remain the key to creating value. Remaining independent while committing to interdependence may seem contradictory, but it is the core of our success. Shared savings through interdependence as created significant financial advantages for our small, rural hospitals, which translates into their ability to better serve their communities.
Our current short- and long-term strategic goals are built around an overarching commitment to operational excellence. In 2017, our accomplishments included:
- Increased level of member inter-dependence that enhances member independence;
- Implementation of a sustainable business model for The Collaborative ensuring our future success and growth;
- Development of a framework that will support operational excellence within each member’s organization by achieving standardized clinical and financial outcomes across the WRHC membership;
- Maximized joint contracting through the implementation of two contracting tools that collect real-time purchasing and service spend data to manage current cost and evaluate future opportunities through use of a procurement software system.
Collaborating to stimulate innovation and agile partnerships that improve rural health care quality, efficiency, and sustainability.
To be recognized as a significant network of partners supporting member hospitals to achieve service excellence through collaboration and innovation.
Creating the ASPIRE Culture
A is for Agile! We are change agents who are flexible, adaptable and able to nimbly shift gears.
- Individual understanding and acceptance of evolving priorities and willingness to personally adapt to change.
- Being flexible and adaptable to address members’ needs and operational differences.
S is for Stewardship! We are mindful of finite internal and external resources.
- Individually, we demonstrate fiscal responsibility to support efficient operations.
- Collectively, we act as conservators for public hospital district resources.
P is for Passion! We are a highly engaged team committed to supporting members in advancing a viable and sustainable rural health system.
- We make a daily commitment to being highly engaged and enthusiastic.
- We are devoted to the success of our members.
I is for Innovation! We embrace critical and creative thinking that generates new ideas.
- We are mindful of historic trends as we develop new solutions.
- We continuously evaluate internal and external environmental factors in our work to improve future performance.
R is for Respectful! We value a workplace that honors positive and thoughtful interactions.
- We leverage our team’s diversity of knowledge and experience.
- We embrace mentoring and modeling as tools to support team success and growth.
E is for Excellence! We are dedicated to achieving the highest standards in order to deliver quality services to our members.
- We ASPIRE to embody the ideals and values of WRHC’s culture.
- Our individual work contributes to the achievement of WRHC’s Strategic Goals & Objectives.